European Central Bank: Job vacancyPublicado: 05.11.2014
Traineeship (graduate level)
Functional area: Secretariat
Reference: 2014-320-TRA EXT
The Information Management Services Division of the European Central Bank (ECB) is seeking applications from recent graduates in archives, library and/or records management (or students who are close to completing their studies) to participate in a traineeship for a period of up to six months, with a possible extension for a further six months subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
The division is responsible for:
- developing, maintaining and guiding the implementation of information management policies and procedures and providing records management services, including in the area of data protection;
- managing the ECB’s physical and electronic archives and ensuring the disclosure of archived information when required and the disposal of information in accordance with the ECB’s information retention policy;
- managing the ECB library and providing staff with print and electronic publications and information services;
- supporting the further development of enterprise content management and coordinating the selection of systems and tools for archives and library, and for collaboration, document and record management;
- providing related functional training, maintenance and support for the ECB, the Eurosystem, the European System of Central Banks (ESCB), the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) and the single supervisory mechanism (SSM).
Depending on his/her expertise, the successful applicant will be entrusted with a selection of the following tasks:
Information and Records Management:
- assisting in the development and update of ECB information management policies, procedures and guidance;
- assisting in the streamlining of the current materials and development of communication and awareness to encourage staff adherence to ECB information management policies and procedures;
- assisting in the compilation of an inventory of ECB information-holding systems and helping to assess their adherence to ECB information management policies and procedures;
- supporting the Records Management Specialists or Information Management Policy Experts with ongoing tasks and projects;
- assisting in the testing of EDRM releases, digital asset management products and mobile access via tablet or smart phone devices;
- provision of functional support to EDRMS users and key users and analysis of statistics;
- archival arrangement and description of media and other archival material;
- supporting the acquisition and appraisal of records and archives;
- assisting with the planning and preparation of the move of collections to the ECB’s new premises;
- supporting the acquisition and maintenance of electronic information resources;
- participating in ongoing Library projects, such as those involving the testing and implementation of the new library management system and the web-scale discovery tool, the update of library procedures and related process and training material, the establishment of a new Library website, as well as tender procedures for various services related to periodicals, serials, e-books and mobile devices;
- supporting the complex workflows related to routine Library tasks and proposing improvements to Library workflows and services.
Applicants must have the following knowledge and competencies:
- a bachelor’s-level qualification in archives, library and/or records management, or, if the first degree is not in this field, a master’s or higher degree in archives, library and/or records management, or enrolment in postgraduate studies in these subjects.
- an advanced command of English;
- a basic knowledge of at least one other official language of the EU;
- a working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
- a working knowledge of an integrated library management system (preferably Alma) and a web-scale discovery system (preferably Primo) would be an asset;
- a working knowledge of a document management system (preferably Open Text Livelink) would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the following behavioural competencies:
- ability to analyse large and sometimes complex information sources from a variety of sources and is capable of extracting and summarising findings;
- assesses current solutions and recommends superior alternatives;
- uses simple/clear words and images to communicate ideas;
- ensures timely responses in order to serve clients;
- shares information and supports team members in the achievement of common goals;
- takes the initiative in improving policies, processes and products;
- prioritises tasks and pays attention to detail, even when under time pressure.
Traineeship of 12 months duration.
Closing Date for Applications: Wed, 19 Nov 2014
This position has been allocated to salary band: